We took a little break from getting regular blog posts out and it showed in our traffic- so anyone questioning if blogging works needs to take a look at their traffic. Hopefully, everyone that is reading this is using Google Analytics. If you aren’t, contact me and I will tell you why you need to jump on it!
Here are some cool tools we found this week that will help you in your day to day life or teach you a new thing or two!
1. Moz– they created a new tool to help businesses show up in local search engines.
Ifttt (Stands for “If this, then that…”)
Ifttt.com allows you to connect online services such as your RSS feed, Evernote, Twitter, Facebook, etc. to create “recipes”. These recipes are basically instructions: If THIS happens, then THAT happens. There are literally hundreds of recipes that can be created. IFTTT offers 50+ “channels” that you can connect to build unique recipes. Here are a few examples of different recipes you can create:
- If the weather forecast is calling for rain, then IFTTT will send you a text message to let you know.
- If you post a new photo to Instagram, then IFTTT will automatically send a copy of that photo to your DropBox account.
- If you receive email receipts in gmail, then IFTTT will create a spreadsheet on Google Drive and automatically add a line to the spreadsheet with the purchase information from each email receipt that comes in. (An easy way to keep track of online purchases)
- If it’s Friday, then IFTTT will automatically send out a “TGIF!!” tweet to your twitter followers.
3. Hubspot – blog post generator- enter a topic and this app will give you ideas to blog about.
4 Portent- Content Idea Generator- enter the subject and it will give you ideas.
Enjoy..please share any tools you use and love and we will feature it next time!